struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: Struts dependency versions
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 07:38:33 GMT
Hi Scott,

That information can usually be found in the manifest.mf file.  For
instance, the commons-digester jar that shipped with Struts 1.2.4 shows:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5.1
Extension-Name: org.apache.commons.digester
Specification-Title: "Jakarta Commons Digester"
Specification-Vendor: "Apache Software Foundation"
Specification-Version: "1.5"
Implementation-Title: "org.apache.commons.digester"
Implementation-Vendor: "Apache Software Foundation"
Implementation-Version: "1.5"

The Implementation-Version is what you want I believe.

Frank

Scott Van Wart wrote:
> I have Struts 1.2.9, and I need to step through the source of some of
> its dependencies.  Couple questions:
>
> - How can I find the versions of the dependencies distributed with the
> Struts binary? (ie: commons-validator, commons-logging, etc.).  I've
> tried unzipping the JAR files shipped with the Struts binary, but I
> can't find any version information in them.
> - If the Struts dependancies are out-of-date (ie: the latest Struts
> doesn't include binary copies of its latest dependencies), can I safely
> download the latest binaries of its dependencies and expect the Struts
> binary distribution to run safely?
>
> - Scott

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect