struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: Tags in struts
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 15:08:52 GMT
Maya-

Excellent!  For a list box, I believe that you must have at least one
option selected at any given time.  If you don't want to provide a
default and force the user to actually select one (and then you can
validate the user's input to ensure he/she has actually selected a real
value) then you can do what we did.

For our Time Zone list box, we created the list of time zones and also
inserted a text label of "Time Zone" with the value of "" into the
LabelValueBean List and then in the Action that is executed before the
JSP page is rendered, we set the property on the bean.  So for our time
zone it would be beanInstance.setTimeZone("").  This defaults our time
zone list box to display "Time Zone" and if the user tries to submit the
form without selecting a time zone, our validator informs them that they
must select a time zone.

Glad it worked.

-Adam