struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: bean access in tile def?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 07:17:16 GMT
Justin Chin ha scritto:
> Folks,
>

> I have a message in a jsp which require a dynamic attribute that I set
> on a bean from an action class.  I want to use that bean within the
> tiles definition file.  Is that possible?

No, it's not possible. Anyway, are you sure that you want to put a bean
as a definition attribute? What I mean is that probably you only need to
extend your base definition with specific ones, overriding the
"directions" attribute. This is the case when you know all of those
"directions" attributes at "compile" time.
Otherwise, you can do this in a JSP page:

<tiles:insert definition="main.layout">
    <tiles:put name="directions" beanName="myBean" beanScope="session" />
</tiles:insert>

Anyway I think that support for "beanName", "beanScope", etc. attributes
in Tiles definitions should be provided.

HTH
Ciao
Antonio