struts-user mailing list archives

From Yanroy <rmea...@wpi.edu>
Subject Re: Tiles: Why need to declare taglibs in each sub-jsp?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:52:53 GMT

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you're doing, but it sounds like you're
having a problem I just recently had as well.  I'm new to struts, and I
don't really understand what Tiles means.  It sounds like you're including a
header and footer file into a main jsp file.  I assume this is done with the
<%@ include %> directive.  I recently found what appears to be a bug in
tomcat (and other people have found this before me and complained about it,
even on this mailing list).  If the file you include has a .jsp extension,
tomcat for some reason attempts to compile it before including it, which
doesn't make any sense at all from the spec/documentation for the include
directive.  I found that if I renamed the included files to have any other
file extension (I used .html), then it would include them into the main JSP
and then compile it all together as expected.  It took me several hours to
work this one out...  I hope my workaround helps, or at least spurs someone
else to tell both of us a better way to solve this.  If I misunderstood your
problem, I apologize.  I don't mean to mislead.