struts-user mailing list archives

From "Halgurt Mustafa Ali" <halgurt.must...@star-trac.de>
Subject AW: Object field validation
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:39:24 GMT
Hi,

I have even thought that, but it still not work although taskDefinition is not null. When
I enter a valid value for domain, it works, but when I enter an unvalid value like "m", the
value of domain will be set to 0 without getting the validation message to tell the client,
that the value of domain was unvalid.

Best regards,
Halgurt
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Niall Pemberton [mailto:niall.pemberton@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 3. Juli 2006 20:12
An: Struts Users Mailing List
Betreff: Re: Object field validation

This is indicating that getTaskDefinition() from your form is
returining null - so you need to ensure that the taskDefinition
property is intialized first.

Niall

On 7/3/06, Halgurt Mustafa Ali <halgurt.mustafa@star-trac.de> wrote:
> Hallo all,
>
> I posted yasterday the below message. I changed my formset to:
>
> <form name="TASKMANAGERform">
>                <field property="taskDefinition.domain" depends="integer">
>                        <arg position="0"  key="TASKMANAGERform.taskDefinition.domain"/>
>                </field>
>        </form>
>
> and now I am getting this error message:
>
> 16:55:35,332 ERROR [ValidatorAction] Unhandled exception thrown during validation: Null
property value for 'taskDefinition'
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Null property value for 'taskDefinition'
>

> I think the validator is not able to recognize taskDefinition as a property of type "TaskDefinition"
and then get the field "domian" of this type. Is there any way to do such a validation? I
appreciate your help :-)

> thanks a lot,
> Halgurt

validate fields von objects, do you mean it works?

> Regards,
> Halgurt

of type TaskDefinition. TaskDefinition has a field domain of type Integer. Is it possible
to validate this field? I meen to validate taskDefinition.domain? If aes, in which way? I
have tried this: