struts-user mailing list archives

From <hermod.opstv...@dnbnor.no>
Subject RE: Struts validation question
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 08:40:26 GMT
Hi

You also need to put in "... onSubmit="return validateValidationForm(this);" in your html:form
tag.

Also: you should name your forms like: validationForm, not ValidationForm.

Hermod

-----Original Message-----
From: red phoenix [mailto:rodphoenix@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:38 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Struts validation question

I want to use struts validation,when field is invalidate,my program can
raise information,like follows:
Username is required.
Password is required.
Phone Number is required.

I know it's server-side validation,I want to use client-side validation,so I
put some code in my JSP files:
When I run this JSP and put some invalidation in fields,I find Javascript
don't work at all,it still raise follows:
Username is required.
Password is required.
Phone Number is required.
My JDK is 1.6,tomcat5.5.17 and struts is 1.2.9,I want to know if struts is
1.2.9 change the method of supporting client-side validation?

Any idea will be appreciated!

entity to whom it is addressed. Please also be aware that the DnB NOR Group
cannot accept any payment orders or other legally binding correspondence with
customers as a part of an email.

This email message has been virus checked by the anti virus programs used
in the DnB NOR Group.