struts-user mailing list archives

From "Dan Langer" <dlan...@targetsite.com>
Subject RE: bean access in tile def?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:05:34 GMT

Justin,

I've been working on a similar problem, and based on what I've seen
posted here, I don't think it is doable (using definitions).

Technically, it seems that in order for what you'd like to do to work,
the definitions factory would need to be able to see the scope you're
placing that variable in - but since it's just a configuration file (and
hence isn't parsed/has no scope), it can't.

Hopefully I'm wrong (both for your sake and mine), but that's the
explanation I was given when I asked a similar question.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Chin
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:16 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: bean access in tile def?

Folks,

I have a message in a jsp which require a dynamic attribute that I set
on a bean from an action class.  I want to use that bean within the
tiles definition file.  Is that possible?  So for example, this is what
I would do in my jsp to get the dynamic attribute:

[...]

I want to set "directions" dynamically from a bean which I stuff into
the session.  Is that possible, or am I totally off here?

Thanks,

Justin