struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: Validation problems: again...
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:41:44 GMT
Do they both have action mapping with 'validate="true"'?

Do they both have the same signature for you personal validate() method in
ActionForm?  (i.e. not in Action but ActionForm).  Remember, the method
signature must match YOUR version of struts.

Are there any errors in your log files that might shed some light on this?

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Vinicius Carvalho [mailto:java.vinicius@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 12:34 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Validation problems: again...

Hum, how could the one of them being validated them? If both extend
ActionForm? I gave up from validation plugin, I'm writing my own
validate method, isn't validate called even from ActionForm
subclasses?

Regards

On 7/4/06, Paul Benedict <paul4christ79@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You write:
>  >>Can someone explain me this? Both form extend ActionForm and both
actions extend a common action.

> Vinicius, I think you need to refer to my previous email: ActionForm does
not validate. You need to extend from ValidatorActionForm or ValidatorForm.
The first valdiates based on URI, the second on the form name.

> Paul
>
> Vinicius Carvalho <java.vinicius@gmail.com> wrote: Well, I've just quit
the validation on strtuts (based on
> commons-validator). So I've decided to use dumb manual validation.
>
> Well problem is, I still can't get one of my forms to validate!!!!!
>
> HereĀ“ my struts-config:
>

> type="com.synos.pbh.opdigital.view.form.votacao.CadastrarVotanteForm">
>
> type="com.synos.pbh.opdigital.view.form.mailing.VisitanteForm">
>

> type="com.synos.pbh.opdigital.view.action.votacao.CadastrarVotante"
> name="cadastrarVotanteForm" input="/cadastroVotante.do">
>

> validate="true"

type="com.synos.pbh.opdigital.view.action.mailing.ConfirmarCadastroVisitante
Action"