struts-user mailing list archives

From "A. Lotfi" <majidna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: click first table rows, the rows of second table change ??
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 14:59:50 GMT
Thank you Monkeyden,

  1) That exactly what I want, but I did not understand :

  > Expects a table1RowNum parameter (from clicking on one of the rows
> in table1

  I have never used AJAX, is there any example on how to do it with ajax ?
  thank you,

Monkeyden <monkeyden@gmail.com> wrote:
  If I understand you correctly, here is how it might look:

YourActionForm
Collection table1Data (retrieved from persistence on the first request
of the Action)
Collection table2Data (empty on first request)

YourAction
Loads table1 data
Expects a table1RowNum parameter (from clicking on one of the rows in
table1) but can run without it for the initial request
If param exists, load table2 data and forward to your.jsp

your.jsp
(or whatever test you want)
[print table 2 data]

This also looks like a prime candidate for AJAX.