struts-user mailing list archives

From Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com>
Subject [1.3] Session ActionMessages won't go away
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 02:04:57 GMT
Hi, I have something very close to the following in each of my pages
(actually, just in the layout page for tiles, but whatever).  Worked
fine in Struts 1.2.9 (even though I'm not so sure it's the best way to
print messages and errors, but oh well...)

    <logic:messagesPresent message="true">
        <bean:message key="header.notice" />
        <ul>
                <li><bean:write name="message" /></li>
        </ul>
    </logic:messagesPresent>

    <logic:messagesPresent message="false">
        <bean:message key="header.error" />
        <ul>
                <li><bean:write name="error" /></li>
        </ul>
    </logic:messagesPresent>

I store my messages in the session so they'll persist even after a
redirect.  Unfortunately, in 1.3, when I call saveMessages(
request.getSession(), messages ), the message appears properly, but
continues to appear on subsequent page requests.  Any ideas?

- Scott