struts-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <brenmcgu...@tariffenet.it>
Subject Re: [tiles] page content
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:06:10 GMT
Mehdi Bahribayli ha scritto:
>> <tiles:insert name="tiles:master">
>>   <tiles:put name="body" value="/subviews/welcome-body.jspf" />
>> </tiles:insert>
>>

> I. I have already tried that. I get an exception:
> javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Invalid attribute type: java.lang.String

This could be possibly a bug, I will investigate it.

> II. I think you have misunderstood what I wanted to say. I think there is no need for
/subviews/welcome.jspf because it is used just once and there is no need to put the contenet
in a separate file. I think both /subviews/welcome.jspf and /views/welcome.jsp are one and
same thing and should be integrated into one file. (5 elements instead of 6 elements)

Probably now I understood: you need something like:

<tiles:insert name="tiles:master">
  <tiles:put name="body">
  <%-- The code contained in /subviews/welcome-body.jspf --%>
  </tiles:put>
</tiles:insert>

Try it, I read the code and it seems that nothing prevents you from
using it.

Ciao
Antonio