struts-user mailing list archives

From "Anil Kumar T" <anilkum...@infics.com>
Subject RE: Retrieve Data From WebServer
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:46:55 GMT

Hi,
I was also having similar problem some time back. According to my
knowledge...

If the data is common to all the users then may be you can have a
singleton class and then only once you can populate the data, and every
time you use the same data.

If the data is user specific then I think storing in the session is
must.

Lets wait about the others ideas also...

Cheers,
Anil.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rokariya, Raman [mailto:Raman.Rokariya@fmr.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:20 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Retrieve Data From WebServer

Hi,

I am developing web client using Struts Framework. I am facing a problem
in following scenario.

I have an arraylist of Data , which is populated in Table Grid using
Display-Tag library. The first time when the page appears, the data
comes from the Database.

It is working fine for the first time . However, my page refreshes after
some interval , say 5 mins, during subsequent refreshes, I don't want
that the data should again come through the Database call. I have tried
using ThreadLocal utitity, however it doesn't work.

I have tried using JSP Session object, and it worked. However, I want to
avoid the use of Session object in the project.

Any solution/Ideas would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Raman

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to Infinite Computer Solutions and /
or its Customers and is intended for use only by the individual or the entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that
this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use
or dissemination of this information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases,
please notify us immediately at info.in@infics.com and delete this email from your records.