struts-user mailing list archives

From Per Jørgen Walstrøm <per.walst...@statnett.no>
Subject Exposing an attribute using tiles
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:22:37 GMT
hello list,
I have the following code:

<tiles:insert definition="myLayout">
   <tiles:put name="body" type="string">
      <logic:iterate id="outageElement" name="searchForm" property="region1Papers">
         <tiles:insert page="/nextPage.jsp" flush="false"/>
      </logic:iterate>
   </tiles:put>
</tiles:insert>

and my nextPage.jsp contains this:
<bean:write name="outageElement" property="name"/>

When I run my code, I get the following error:
17:18:42,768 ERROR [Engine] ApplicationDispatcher[/oweb] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp
threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: ServletException in 'nextPage.jsp': No bean found under attribute
key outageElement

Does anyone know how I could make nextPage.jsp aware of the 'outageElement'? I have been experimenting
with <tiles:useAttribute> and <tiles:importAttribute>, but just can't seem to
get it to work...

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

cheers,
pj