struts-user mailing list archives

From Per Jørgen Walstrøm <per.walst...@statnett.no>
Subject Re: Exposing an attribute using tiles
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:21:22 GMT
Hello again,
Antonio's solution seemed to work fine to start with, but whenever my collection region1Papers
contains more than one outageElement, it seems like only one of the outageElements is imported
into nextPage.jsp.
The number of iterations are correct, but nextPage.jsp just keeps using the same outageElement
when doing
<bean:write name="outageElement" property="name"/>

I guess changing flush to "true" in <tiles:insert page="/nextPage.jsp" flush="false"/>
could help with this, but I keep getting the "illegal to flush within a custom tag"-error
when doing this.

Anyone having any solution to this?

cheers,
pj

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: Antonio Petrelli
Sendt: 3. august 2006 17:39
Til: Struts Users Mailing List
Emne: Re: Exposing an attribute using tiles

Beans are not passed automatically to a tile, but they can be passed as
attributes.

Rewrite the first piece this way:

<tiles:insert definition="myLayout">
   <tiles:put name="body" type="string">
      <logic:iterate id="outageElement" name="searchForm" property="region1Papers">
         <tiles:insert page="/nextPage.jsp" flush="false">
           <tiles:put name="outageElement" beanName="outageElement" />
         </tiles:insert>
      </logic:iterate>
   </tiles:put>
</tiles:insert>

And your nextpage.jsp will be:

<tiles:insert attribute="outageElement" />
<tiles:importAttribute name="outageElement" />

<bean:write name="outageElement" property="name"/>

HTH
Antonio