struts-user mailing list archives

From "Krishna, Hari" <HKris...@Templeton.com>
Subject RE: Caching
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:46:22 GMT
use OScache

With Best Regards,
I.Hari krishna.
Franklin Templeton Investments
+91- 44 - 24407000 Extn:17123

-----Original Message-----
From: Puneet Lakhina [mailto:puneet.lakhina@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:14 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Caching

Hi,
I have an application whereby i first load all the data from the
database(using joins etc. about 400 rows an 20 columns). Then the user is
given an option to filter this data based on some parameters. Now instead of
hitting the database again, wouldn't it be better if I could somehow reuse
the data.

For displaying the data on the page I set the data in the request scope as a
Map.

What sort of caching mechanisms could be used for the above scenario? I
don't really have any experience with caching mechanisms, so I'm kinda
confused.

--
Puneet
Notice:  All email and instant messages (including attachments) sent to