struts-user mailing list archives

From Help My PC! <hlpm...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to Forward Request Parmeters in Struts
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:37:57 GMT
Hi,

In struts, I have an action Act1 that forwards to a display page Page1. On that page there
is a submit button whose action act2 forwards to display page Page2.

I need to modify Page1 in such a way that I add an additional submit button whose action Act1A
forwards to display page Page1A. On page Page1A there is a button whose action is the same
as in the previous flow, Act2, but the request parameters from Page1 and Page1a I'd like to
forward to Act 2.

What is the best way to handle this?

My action, Act1a returns null, but when I'm losing the request parameters from page 1. How
do I forward the request parameters from page 1 while maintaining the request parameters from
page1a to action2?

I hope that this makes sense. Thanks for your assistance.