struts-user mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: Can I Bypass using actionform? Cannot retrieve definition for form bean null on action...
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 21:38:59 GMT
If your "type" attribute equals
"org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction" (and there may be others) then
you don't need the name attribute.  You are getting that error because
you are specifying a custom action and there's no associated form bean.

You can use ForwardAction if you just want a URL to go straight to a JSP
w/ no tweaking of the form bean needed prior to JSP rendering.

-adam