struts-user mailing list archives

From "Albert L. Sapp" <as...@uiuc.edu>
Subject Re: Forward to action without jsp
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:39:30 GMT
Andy,

Following what you want to do.  This may not be exact as I don't use a
dispatcher, I don't think.

jsp with edit button (In our case, we use a link with image (user.jsp).

action="/user/preUpdateUser?userID=${userForm.userID}"><html:img
pageKey="images.updateIcon" border="0"/></html:link>

dispatcher? (struts-user-config.xml)

        <action    path="/user/preUpdateUser"

type="*scs.reaction.struts.user.actions.user.PreUpdateUserAction*"
                name="userForm"
                input="/user/preUpdateUser"
                scope="request"
                validate="false"

                <forward name="success"
path="/user/user/preUpdateUser.jsp"/>
        </action>

loadObject

    scs.reaction.struts.user.actions.user.PreUpdateUserAction

editObject

    /user/user/preUpdateUser.jsp

In jsp

store in db

        <action    path="/user/updateUser"

type="scs.reaction.struts.user.actions.user.UpdateUserAction"
                name="userForm"
                input="/user/preUpdateUser"
                scope="request"
                validate="true"

                <forward name="closeWindow"
path="/user/user/updateUser.jsp"/>
                <forward name="retry" path="/user/user/preUpdateUser.jsp"/>
                <forward name="success" path="/user/searchForUser"
redirect="yes"/>
        </action>

re-display updatedObject

    /user/user/updateUser.jsp