struts-user mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getDataSource, DAO pattern, and Struts
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 01:42:57 GMT
On 9/11/06, Darren Hall <dhall@utrs.com> wrote:
> So, should I use the datasource functionality provided in struts, or should
> I "roll my own" database connection solution by creating a datasource
> factory that can be used to retrieve connections?

I wouldn't do either. If you can, use Spring to do this, and to wire
together not just the DAO, but also to wire your services to the
actions, and the DAOs to the services.

Spring will give you simple abstraction if that is all you want, or
all sorts of things beyond just that simple abstraction if you want.

Larry