struts-user mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <lmead...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Struts Model Layer in the MVC framework
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:54:24 GMT
On 9/12/06, Ray Madigan <ray@madigans.org> wrote:
> Is there an alternative to Spring Integration.  I have a project that I need
> to get a prototype out to the client FAST and I simply want to implement a
> Model layer with connection pooling.  I have gone to the Spring Framework
> site and I don't have the time to come up to speed on how to make this
> useful.  Any alternatives would be appreciated.

Ray,

At the risk of telling you what you don't want to hear: give yourself
4 hours with Spring.

If you still think it's too hard, fire up an IRC client and get on
#spring at irc.freenode.org or  #FunkyCodeMonkey at irc.darkmyst.org
and ask for help.

In a day, you will be further along in your project, better positioned
for future growth, and have less code to maintain than if you try to
roll your own.

Larry