struts-user mailing list archives

From "Wen-Jung Chen" <wenjungc...@gmail.com>
Subject Ajax and Struts
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 23:24:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a scenario that user enters data in the text box in the browser and
clicks Continue button. I send this value into Struts Action class which
checks against database to return me the true or false value. Based on this
true or false value, I will display or hide <div> in the same page.

I am using synchornous Ajax in Javascript to call Struts Action class. In
Struts action class I set the status in Session attribute. Once Ajax call
returns, I can get the status in javascript and display or hide <div>
accordingly.

Is there any way to use request attribute instead of session attribute for
this?

Or should I use JSON RPC to do this?

Thanks,
Wen-Jung