struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Globalizing some general validations in validation frame work?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 21:52:36 GMT
Mallik wrote:
> HI friends
> i would like to say thanks to every one on this forum for your support
>
> the problem is..
> i have some forms, each from has some common fields like id, name, etc
> i would like to specify the validations only once in validator.xml for all
> forms ( globalizing them for all forms)
> if possible, how would i do? please let me know
> and i need a tutorial or book which deals with most of the validator
> framework...
> ur's
> Mallik

What version of Struts are you using? As of validator_1_2_0.dtd, the
<form/> element has an 'extends' attribute, which you can use to
reference a common base set of validation rules. Struts supports this
starting with the 1.3 release series. A beta, version 1.3.5, is now
available [1].

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts135