struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Validate an hmt:select with validator framework
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:42:41 GMT
You said your form property was of type 'Long'. By default, a null input
value will be turned into 0, so the required validator rule will think
the property has a value.

You should generally use String-typed form bean properties, but if you
need to keep it as Long, you'll want to configure BeanUtils not to
convert null to 0. See the BeanUtils documentation for details on how to
do that (you need to register a customized instance of the converter for
type Long).

L.