struts-user mailing list archives

From "Djordje Trifunovic" <djtri...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: [S2] <s:text> issue
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 21:34:19 GMT
Wesley - yes, that's it. Thanks for both clarifying my question and
answering it. :)

Now, this really solves the problem when the property is on value stack. Is
there a way to access other (non-root) objects using this notation? E.g. I
have attribute "title" defined in Tiles, also with a key rather than the
direct text. In the layout I do:

	<tiles:importAttribute name="title" />

Normally, I could access this using #attr['title'], but the same problem
appears with <s:text>. Sure, I can always solve it by putting it value to
stack first before using %{...}, but I'd really like to avoid that step if
it is not necessary.

I would appreciate if you could send me off-list the post about OGNL.

Thanks!
Dj.

-----Original Message-----
From: Wesley Wannemacher [mailto:WesW@doubleatrailer.com]
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2007 9:12 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: [S2] <s:text> issue

I could be wrong, but you may be misunderstanding the poster's intent. He
has a variable on the value stack that indicates which property key he wants
to retrieve. If my understanding is correct, then I would not really be any
help, but has the OP tried:

<s:text name="%{myKey}" />

?

P.S. I have a post from last week or before where I had a bunch of trouble
understanding OGNL and it might help you if you want it off-list.