struts-user mailing list archives

From PETER BLIZNAK <bliz...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Struts-Faces: FormBean and ManagedBean
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 05:37:26 GMT
myfaces  tags gives you extermely simple way of creating your ui ...that,s all ..the rest is
struts

Rukka <anil_a@shaw.ca> wrote: Not trying to hijack the thread. Just a curious question.
What is the
reasons/benefits of using  Struts-Myfaces-Tiles combo? I mean MyFaces
instead of jsp.

Thanks

rukka

PETER BLIZNAK wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
> must admit I am not familiar with ajax4jsf tags. My setup is Struts-Myfaces-Tiles and
I have pages I have to prepopulate pages with radio and check boxes based on what is coming
from LDAP - for that I am forwarding to Struts action which then populates action form and
the I am using same form bean in my dataTable tag. Does that ajax tag require to use manages
bean - or  could you just provide it with action form bean ???.

> Rodrigo Pereira  wrote: Hi Peter,
> thanks for your reply.
> I want to have an actionForm act as a managed bean just to use ajax (
> ajax4jfs tags ).
> Basically I want to populate 4 fields according to the value of another field.
>

> Thanks,
> Rodrigo Pereira
>

> On 2/1/07, PETER BLIZNAK  wrote:
>
>> Hi Rodrigo,
>> I do not have an answer to your question, but let me ask you why would you wanted
to have actionForm act as a managed bean? I am guessing it is because you want to use it for
- any "ordinary" bean would do - so you can use your actionForm bean for dataTable. It works
well for me.