struts-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Jouravlev" <jmi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struts 1.x Edit Button Dispatching
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:08:03 GMT
On 2/2/07, Givler, Eric <egivler@state.pa.us> wrote:
> MJ>If you don't use Javascript, how do you supply id of an item to edit?
>
> Right now, it's a hyperlink.
>
> The previous Model 1 based version of the application used a button, and then it cycled
through all the rows (it had a rowcount as a hidden var).  So, if the request.getParameter("event_edit#")
was != null, the # was the index into a list of items, and it would pull off that items id#
(request.getParameter("item#").

> ML>Do you have one button for the whole grid, or does each row has a button? I
>
> Right now, each row would have a button.
> I've done the link for now - I'm unsure what the user's preference might be if I change
this.  The screen allows the user to edit any row that has a specific status code (say X).
 If the status code is "Y", they can "flag the row" with multiple checkboxes (maybe several
records, each with differing sets of checkboxes) for further proecssing, and proceed to another
step.  So, there's really only ONE FORM since the status can change per row, and I needed
to track this "include this row" checkbox on a row-by-row basis as well.

[M.J.] So each row should a button with item id built into event name?
I see. You can use links instead of buttons, creating two URL
parameters: an event and an item id, like
myaction.do?eventEdit&itemid=1234 You can keep using one form to
collect checkbox values. As I understand this is what you are doing
now.

If you really need buttons instead of links, you can try to disguise
links as buttons with CSS. Also feel free to file a bug report in
regards of wildcard support for event parameters.

Michael.