struts-user mailing list archives

From PETER BLIZNAK <bliz...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: Struts-Faces: FormBean and ManagedBean
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:59:25 GMT
Hi Rodrigo,
must admit I am not familiar with ajax4jsf tags. My setup is Struts-Myfaces-Tiles and I have
pages I have to prepopulate pages with radio and check boxes based on what is coming from
LDAP - for that I am forwarding to Struts action which then populates action form and the
I am using same form bean in my dataTable tag. Does that ajax tag require to use manages bean
- or  could you just provide it with action form bean ???.

Rodrigo Pereira <rodpereira.rj@gmail.com> wrote: Hi Peter,
thanks for your reply.
I want to have an actionForm act as a managed bean just to use ajax (
ajax4jfs tags ).
Basically I want to populate 4 fields according to the value of another field.

Thanks,
Rodrigo Pereira

On 2/1/07, PETER BLIZNAK  wrote:
> Hi Rodrigo,
> I do not have an answer to your question, but let me ask you why would you wanted to
have actionForm act as a managed bean? I am guessing it is because you want to use it for
- any "ordinary" bean would do - so you can use your actionForm bean for dataTable. It works
well for me.