struts-user mailing list archives

From Maya menon <maya_j...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: General question
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:21:51 GMT
I am talking about two browser windows.
  User A logs in in browser A and sees DB results in results.jsp page

  Then, User A open Browser B from Browser A. if he does that, he will see results in two
pages, browser A and browser B. and then he will be able to do different edits from different
windows. That should be prevented.

"Hartrich, James CTR USTRANSCOM J6" <James.Hartrich.ctr@ustranscom.mil> wrote:
  Are you talking about different browser "windows" or just new "tabs" in
the same browser? Perhaps try an application scoped variable that tests
the current user, allowing only one instance of the user to operate the
app.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maya menon [mailto:maya_java@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:52 PM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: General question

I have a struts based J2ee app which displays data from DB in the
results.jsp page. For DB data access, I use a DAO which returns a
serialized object. This serialized object, I set it to request object
using setAttribute and retrieve it using tag i n jsp page.

My question is: if users try to open another window and do
simultaneous tasks, how can I avoid same user from working in two or
more different windows in a Struts based j2ee application ?

Any thoughts..