struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gonçalo Luiz" <goncalo.l...@gmail.com>
Subject ActionMessage/ActionError and redirect-action result
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 22:34:32 GMT
Hello,

Consider the following scenario:

I present a "create new user" dialog to a user. After the user hits
"submit" the user is created, and the login dialog is presented. I
want to display a "user sucessfully created, please proceed to login"
in the login page.
This message must be set from the Register action. I'm doing it as follows:

            List<String> args = new ArrayList<String>();
            args.add(this.username);
            this.addActionMessage(this.getText("userSucessfullyCreated", args));

However in after the redirect hte message seems to desappear... is
this by design? If so, how can I send a message that survives
redirects? If not, the same question stands.

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
--
Gonçalo Luiz