struts-user mailing list archives

From "Java Guru" <j4v4g...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use <html:select> for multiple fields of form
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 16:21:30 GMT
Hi every one,

   I have a Question for you. I am trying to display and attribute of
session on a form.It is something like this on normal jsp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<select name="from">

                <%
                        HttpSession sess=request.getSession();
                        List
personslist=(List)sess.getAttribute("personslist");
                        Iterator personite=personslist.iterator();
                        while(personite.hasNext()){
                        Persons person= (Persons)personite.next();
                        %>
                        <option value=<%=person.getPersonId()%>><%=
person.getFirstName()%>, <%=person.getLastName()%></option>
                        <%}%>
                    </select>

================
Persons.java
================
class Persons{
int PersonId;
String firstName();
String lastName();

//and all setter and getter methods.
}

I want to change this to Struts. I am not able to understand how can I show
all 3 fields PersonID, firstName and lastname in Option tag of selection
field. As of now this code is working fine in normal JSP. But I want to
convert this to Struts. Please help me.

thank you,
Javaguru.