struts-user mailing list archives

From "Gundersen, Richard" <Richard.Gunder...@london-scottish.com>
Subject DynaValidatorForm and BigDecimal problem
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 15:03:30 GMT
Hi

Has anyone had problems with BigDecimal and DynaValidatorForms?

I've got a form with two fields (advisorFee and grossIncome) defined as
java.lang.Double. I want to change them to java.math.BigDecimal because
they are money fields.

If I change advisorFee to BigDecimal, the validation fails when I enter
a value into grossIncome, even though this is still a Double.

This is the error I get:

javax.servlet.ServletException: BeanUtils.populate

org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:453)

[Caused by]...

org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConversionException

org.apache.commons.beanutils.converters.BigDecimalConverter.convert(BigD
ecimalConverter.java:117)

This doesn't make any sense to me. Is it possible that it's a bug in
1.3.5? Why should changing the definition of one field change the
behaviour of another (they are not linked in any way e.g. in the
validation rules)

Regards

Richard Gundersen
Java Developer

Email: richard.gundersen@london-scottish.com
Phone: 01618302398
Fax: 01618342536
London Scottish Bank plc
24 Mount Street
Manchester
M2 3LS

*** Disclaimer ***

This electronic communication is confidential and for the exclusive use of the addressee.
It may contain private and confidential information. The information, attachments and opinions
contained in this E-mail are those of its author only and do not necessarily represent those
of London Scottish Bank PLC or any other members of the London Scottish Group.

If you are not the intended addressee, you are prohibited from any disclosure, distribution
or further copying or use of this communication or the information in it or taking any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this communication in error please notify the Information
Security Manager at ISM@London-Scottish.com as soon as possible and delete the message from
all places in your computer where it is stored.

We utilise virus scanning software but we cannot guarantee the security of electronic communications
and you are advised to check any attachments for viruses. We do not accept liability for any
loss resulting from any corruption or alteration of data or importation of any virus as a
result of receiving this electronic communication.

Replies to this E-mail may be monitored for operational or business reasons. London Scottish
Bank PLC is regulated by the Financial Services Authority.