struts-user mailing list archives

From "Smyth, Colm" <csm...@paddypower.com>
Subject RE: Re: Actions & Validation
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2007 14:58:37 GMT
You can switch validate=false in the struts config and call the validate
method of the form from within your action.

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Laurie Harper
Sent: 05 March 2007 11:24
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Re: Actions & Validation

stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> I want to leverage the validation support via XML file and my actions
are
> POJOs that do not extend ActionSupport.  How do I determine from
within my
> action if the validation failed?  My POJO actions have specific method

> names
> that are being requested via wildcard mappings and therefore may not
> contain
> framework methods such as execute() or input().

Generally, if validation fails, control will never pass into your
action, so you wont have an opportunity to 'determine from within my
action if the validation failed.'

You'll need to post relevant parts of your code and configuration, and
describe what you think should be happening vs. what you see happening.
With that, someone may be able to see what you're either doing wrong or
expecting wrong.

L.

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained in this communication.
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee,
you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use this e-mail or any part of it in any
way whatsoever. To do so is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email
in error
please notify the sender immediately.

Paddy Power PLC may monitor the content of e-mail sent and received for the purpose of ensuring
compliance with its policies and procedures.