struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Creating custom struts 2 tags
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:15:58 GMT
--- Telmo Costa wrote:
> I've been searching for documentation on how to
> create a custom tag for struts2, but I haven't
> succeed. Can you tell me where to find a tutorial or
> give me some guidelines on that subject?

They're just like any other custom tags.

Are you referring specifically about how to pull OGNL
values like the S2 tags do?

I'd probably start by looking at the source of
org.apache.struts2.components.Date, since it does what
you want (but for dates :)

I'm guessing if you extend Component you're a *long*
way through the process already; getting the value
appears to be as easy as calling findValue(valueName)
and doing what you need to with it.

That's a good idea for a quick tutorial though; if I
have time I'll add something tonight.

d.