struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: Eclipse WTP / Struts 2 - Not working!!
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:59:17 GMT
--- Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> So  that means the deployment is proper right?

It means the deployment for the other web project is
right; I have no real way of knowing if it is for the
Struts project.

> But why I get this problem when I include struts?
> which works fine when I deploy it separately in
> Tomcat.

This is why I believe it is an Eclipse/WTP deployment
problem: if it works when you deploy it manually then
the configuration files are most likely correct.

Even if they weren't and you requested an action that
wasn't mapped you'd get a Struts error page, not a
404.

So the requests you are making are not being handled
properly: either you're not requesting in the right
context, or it's not being deployed properly, etc.

Once you deploy from within Eclipse re-check the
actual directory it's being deployed to and see if
everything is where it should be.

d.