struts-user mailing list archives

From "Frank Russo" <Frank.Ru...@sas.com>
Subject RE: what version of struts is better?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:19:27 GMT
Actually, I disagree. JSF is a framework. I used MyFaces and their component library exclusively,
without using Shale, Seam or anything else...

-----Original Message-----
From: Piero Sartini [mailto:lists@pierosartini.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 5:21 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: what version of struts is better?

I did look at JSF/Seam/Shale and other web frameworks before I decided to use Struts2.
There were several reasons for my decision and I have not regret it since now.

After many years of web development an action based framework like s2 for me is much more
"natural" than a component based approach.

I think I am much more productive with s2. If someone wants tooling support and a visual designer,
maybe it would be better to look at JSF. But in my oppinion there is missing a good framework
for JSF. (No, I do not think that JSF is a framework - it is a technology).

Shale is a good start, but has a long way to go. Seam is too much coupled with JBoss/Hibernate
for my feeling.

Visual Web Editor and from the netbeans project is nice - but IMHO not suited for bigger projects.
I really came to the conclusion that JSF is nice for small projects with a few pages and if
you really want a desktop-like development approach.

I am sure there are many other opinions out there, but more cents are always good ;-)

Piero