struts-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Römer <torsten.roe...@luniks.net>
Subject Wrong Content Type text/plain
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:44:19 GMT
I added Tiles to the struts2-blank-2.0.6 example webapp and started to
work on my application. All works just fine on my Linux/Tomcat 5.5
development box but when I deploy the app to the provider's Linux/Tomcat
5.5 webspace the content type is suddenly text/plain instead of
text/html and all I see is the HTML source.

The funny thing is, that when an action is executed through

<s:action namespace="/test" name="home" executeResult="true"></s:action>

the content type is text/html and the page displays correctly, but when
the same action is executed through

the above described problem occurs.

Setting something like <%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html;
charset=ISO-8859-1" %> in the Tiles template and even the subpages seems
to be ignored.

Calling a JSP directly works fine.

There is a Struts1 + Tiles webapp running just fine on the same webspace.

I spent some hours googling but I could not find any solution. Does
anyone have an idea what is going on and what might be the difference
between my development machine and the provider's server could cause
this problem?

Torsten