struts-user mailing list archives

From Allen Gilliland <allen.gillil...@sun.com>
Subject Re: struts2 equivalent of html:link tag?
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 21:08:28 GMT

Dave Newton wrote:
>> From: Allen Gilliland <allen.gilliland@sun.com>
>> that works fine for any actions that i have defined, but it doesn't work
>> for non-struts actions.
>
> <s:url value="/ui/something.jsp"/>

okay, but at that point there is no real reason to use the s:url tag at
all because i am no longer pointing to a logical name for my link.

as i said in my previous email, what i am basically looking for is a way
to provide logical names for my links so that i can create one link for
"login" and have all of my various forms and pages use that to build the
url to the login page.  that way when i want to change the login url i
only do it in one place, rather than in dozens of places.

in struts1 that was possible when using the html:link tag because if you
put this in a page ...

and had this in your struts config file ...

<global-forwards>
   <forward name="login" path="/ui/login-redirect.jsp"/>
</global-forwards>

then you would end up with this in your html ...

does struts2 have any equivalent for that?

-- Allen