struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Accessing a Bean from a bean using EL with STRUTS 2 - I really need help
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 20:03:33 GMT
--- mansour77@yahoo.com wrote:
> when I stepped into the code, I found obj is of type
> string !!!! So I assumed there's something wrong I
am
> doing in passing the argument, or setting some
> variable ... or.... Here's where my problem IS.

You still haven't said if you'r running on a JSP 2.0
container, but what it looks like is happening is that
you *are* running on JSP 2.0 so JSP itself is
evaluating the EL you're passing in and the tag
expects to eval the EL itself.

You could *try* just passing in "accountBean.invoices"
(rather than "${accountBean.invoices}") and see if
that works; I don't know if the taglib is expecting a
"complete" EL expression.

Also bear in mind that it appears to be a sandbox
project and the latest build I saw was back in Aug
2006 and the only comment on the page is from 2004; it
may not be active, supported, or play nice with JSP
2.0.

d.