struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tiles 2 Lifecycycle
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:48:34 GMT
--- stanlick <stanlick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be easier if you could redirect to
> yourself without involving another action for this
> purpose?

Sure.

The action you redirect to wouldn't need to be a
separate action; it could be the same one.

But a tile isn't an action, so you wouldn't get
Prepare and all those other features of the normal S2
stack.

> Can you explain the lifecycle of a tiles request as
> it relates to Spring?

Someone else should chime in here, because I really
don't know.

My impression, however, is that the two are completely
unrelated, just like if you were dispatching to a JSP.
If you want to run an action (therefore the normal S2
stack), you need to involve an action somehow.

d.