struts-user mailing list archives

From Dave Newton <newton.d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Action Validator ans <s:url...
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:38:33 GMT
--- stanlick@gmail.com wrote:
> Maybe you missed the part about *not* passing a
> parameter with the link url?

Maybe I was answering your *first* question?

> This link allows an item to be deleted and the
> parameter being passed is a read-only "hibernate id"
> that was loaded into the page during the request.
> There is no need for validating this sort of link.

Besides the issues with exposing such functionality as
a plain link (**bad** idea), I'll generally still
validate such things, because people can pass in
whatever they want, not just what *you* present them
as a link.

If I specifically *didn't* want to validate it for
some reason, I'd just create a different validation
config via file or, most likely, annotations.

> The immediate solution looks like replacing the S2
> tags which are seemingly at the heart of S2!

I'm not sure what the tags have to do with this
usecase? The tags don't have anything to do with the
validation functionality.

d.