struts-user mailing list archives

From Manickam-Periaswamy.Vign...@epamail.epa.gov
Subject Re: Eclipse WTP / Struts 2 - Not working!!
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:41:03 GMT
Sorry, I do not understand what you mean by publishing project.

Vignesh Manickam Periaswamy
Web Application Developer Intern, Information Management Section
WPTD,   EPA Region 5         312-886-0887
email: Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epa.gov

Adam Ruggles <a.ruggles@gmail.com>
04/11/2007 04:35 PM
Please respond to
Struts Users Mailing List <user@struts.apache.org>

cc

Subject
Re: Eclipse WTP / Struts 2 - Not working!!

Did you publish your project before starting tomcat through eclipse?

Manickam-Periaswamy.Vignesh@epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> Hi all
>
> This problem has been driving me crazy and I know that it should be a
> simple problem. I have already posted this in this mailing list, but a
> simply configuration issue is stopping my development work!! Please
help.

> There is a reason why I post this in the struts mailing list because a
> non-struts web application works fine with Eclipse WTP.
>
> I have written the simplest struts-enabled HelloWorld application. It
> works fine if I deploy it directly to the Tomcat server. But I get a 404

> error while configuring it with Eclipse WTP.
>
> Below is my configuration:
> Java - 1.4.2_13
> Tomcat 5.5.23 with Java 1.4 compatible jars
> Struts 2.0.6 with Java 1.4 compatible jars
> Eclipse WTP 3.2.2
>
> I created a new "dynamic web project" with Tomcat 5.5 as runtime, "test"

> as "context root" and "WebContent" as "Content Directory". I copied the
> struts jars to the "WebContent/WEB-INF/lib" folder. The jsp files are
> placed in "WebContent/WEB-INF/jsp" folder.
>
> The following is my folder structure:
> + WebContent
> - + WEB-INF
>    - + classes
>       - struts.xml
>    - + jsp
>    - + lib
>    - + src
>    - web.xml
>
> Following are my codes:
>
> web.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <web-app id="WebApp_9" version="2.4"
>         xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>         xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
>
>         <display-name>test</display-name>
>
>         <filter>
>         <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
>         <filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</
> filter-class>
>     </filter>
>
>         <filter-mapping>
>                 <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
>                 <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
>         </filter-mapping>
>
> </web-app>
>
> struts.xml
>
> <!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
>     "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
>     "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd">
>
> <struts>
>         <!-- Configuration for the default package. -->
>         <package name="default" extends="struts-default">
>                 <action name="HelloWorld"
class="gov.epa.r5sis.HelloWorld"