struts-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles 2 woes
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:04:21 GMT
2007/4/12, stanlick@gmail.com <stanlick@gmail.com>:
> Thanks Antonio.  This is what I decided after searching through the Tiles
> jar for "prepare".  Can you tell me if Tiles2 is documented somewhere.

Documentation is on the way, since we were busy preparing a release
(and having Easter holidays :-) ) it never came out, but I hope it is
a question of some weeks.
The official Tiles site is:
http://tiles.apache.org/

> Also, is there a guide that explains the required changes when migrating
> Tiles1 to Tiles2?

I am working on it right now.

>  This looks like some really nice work and I'm happy to
> see that Tiles has remained in lockstep with Struts.  I have used Tiles for
> years and have always thought it was one of the greatest strengths of
> Struts.  In fact, most developers around here don't even view them as being
> unrelated.  This is probably why I posted in the Struts area.

I assume that you are not alone, there are still some Struts pages
that refer to Tiles 2 as a "sandbox project", and Struts-Tiles is
still there, though it seems not to be supported anymore.

> Sorry about that,

Don't be sorry, you were in the *right* mailing list in your first
questions, but then they became Tiles-related and not Struts-related.

Anyway stay tuned for a release of Tiles 2 very soon.

Antonio