struts-user mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles 2 Lifecycycle
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:02:59 GMT
2007/4/23, stanlick@gmail.com <stanlick@gmail.com>:
> Hi Antonio --
>
> I have been teaching for the past couple weeks and now returning to
> S2/Tiles.  I would like to understand how Tiles affects the S2 lifecycle.

AFAIK Tiles affects S2 only in rendering the results. What I mean is
if you are using a result of "tiles" type, it will be rendered by
rendering its components, that can be JSPs or other view pages. If
things have not changes, currently only JSP and FreeMarker are
supported.
This means that JSP pages (for example) can read all the beans put in
all the usual scopes (request, session, etc.)
Essentially, using Tiles is not so different to use normal JSP (or
FreeMarker) pages: Tiles composes pages and renders them, but how the
beans are put in the page is a task of the JSP (or FreeMarker) page.

Antonio