struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: caching and reload
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 22:42:47 GMT
Chris Pat wrote:
> Hello
> Is/how it possible to clear the cache on an action?
 > My action works perfectly, however when the user hits reload
 > the previous values are repeated.

I'm not sure what cache you're talking about, but isn't this behaviour
as you would expect? If I refresh a page, I expect to see the same
response as I got when I loaded it the first time.

> I have coded a reset with ="" and still it uses the old values.
 > What am I missing?  I will trap the null or "" values in the
 > action(I know I should do it in validation, but it is a case of
 > jgid, grin).  I really need to truly reset the values either fed
 > to the action class or somewhere cached by the framework for the
 > action class.  tia.

Coded a reset where? I think you need to post some code and
configuration samples to illustrate exactly what you are doing, and
describe in more detail how the resulting behaviour differs from what
you expect.

L.