struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: R: Array of Bean and optionsCollection (up)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:14:33 GMT
Marcello Savino wrote:
>> At first sight, u miss the name of the collection in "
>> label="descr"/>"
> Do you mean i have to specify the attribute name="aBean"instead of
> property="aBean" ?

You only need to specify the 'name' attribute if you want to specify a
bean other than the form bean. Assuming the data you want to reference
is in the form bean, as in your case, you only need to specify the
'property' attribute.

>> second u forgot the dot in myBeanCode , it's myBean.code , Struts will
> do myBean.getCode().
> myBeanCode is only a name for the current bean in the select tag

The 'property' attribute on the select tag should name a property in
your form bean. That tells Struts where to store/retrieve the associated
value (current selection).

>> third : your form property "aBean" is an array & u use a select ( which
> a single property)
> Do you mean i have to specify the attribute name="aBean"instead of
> property="aBean" ?

You need *two* properties on your form bean: one to hold the list of
options, which you have (the 'aBean' property); and one to hold the
value that's actually selected. The html:select tag's 'property'
attribute should reference the second one:

     public class MyForm extends ActionForm {
         private myBean[] arrayOfMyBean;
         private String selectedValue;

         public myBean[] getABean() {return arrayOfMyBean;}
         public String getSelectedValue() {return selectedValue;}
         public String setSelectedValue(String val) {
             selectedValue = val;}
     }

             value="code" label="descr"/>

L.