struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: newbie alert: forward to a php script
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2007 03:01:50 GMT
Chris Pat wrote:
> Hello
> Is it possible to have an Action that processes some data and then posts to a url completely
out of control of the framework?  I want to process and write to a db first and then using
the same parameters and any added session variables post to a php script, initially running
on localhost but eventually on a completely different url.  Can someone help me understand
how or why not.  I really need to do it even if it is not to the spec.  Thank you.

Post to? Sure, you can create an HTTP POST request to any URL. But I
suspect that's not quite what you mean. If you mean /forward/ to, as in
dispatch to, a PHP script, it's not so straight forward.

I seem to recall seeing mention on this list in the past of some sort of
Java-PHP bridge, which may be what you're looking for. Search the
archives (or Google) for 'Java PHP bridge' and see if that turns
anything useful up. Alternatively, re-post with clarification of exactly
what you want to achieve; maybe someone will be able to give a more
specific solution.

L.