struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: Using jsps from another context
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 21:36:09 GMT
Rajesh Gupta wrote:
> Hi All,
>      I have several common jsp's in a common webapp, which will be shared
> by all other web applications. I use <c:import> tag to include jsp's from
> this common webapp. I can include jsp's , if they do not contain any struts
> specific things. But when i try to include a jsp with struts action (ex:
> include a jsp with a struts action in it from another web application. Any
> ideas, suggestions please?.
> I am using struts 1.2.4 & tomcat 5.0.

There's no provision in the JSP or Servlet spec for using resources in
one web app from a different web app, so what does or doesn't work in
this scenario is going to be a question of experimentation...

How exactly is it failing? What is the error you're getting? Does the
page you're trying to include work if you call it directly (i.e. load it
in your browser)?

Since what you are trying to do is non-standard, you'll need to be as
detailed as you can about any problems you're facing.

L.