struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: struts examples not working
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 04:06:02 GMT
hardc0d3r wrote:
> i have jdk 1.6 and tomcat 5.5 installed and i tried to run the examples of
> struts by putting the war files in the webapps directory. when i try to run
> the example i get a 404 error.. all the examples in tomcat are working fine.
> can anyone please help me with this error?

Did you look in the Tomcat logs? A 404 suggests either (a) you're trying
  to browse to an invalid URL, (b) there was a problem deploying the
application or (c) there was a problem within the application. Without
more details (what URL you were trying, what was logged during startup
and during the failed request) it's difficult to diagnose.

L.