struts-user mailing list archives

From Laurie Harper <lau...@holoweb.net>
Subject Re: action forward to servlet
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:42:08 GMT
The first question should be, do you really need the servlet? You could
generate the full response from the action. If you still need to keep
the servlet around for other uses, perhaps you can refactor the bulk of
its work into a service class that both the servlet and the action can
use to generate the response.

Failing that, the way to do this is to manually dispatch to the servlet
(using request.getDispatcher("/servlet/path").forward() or something
like that; I forget the exact API). Then be sure to return 'null' from
your action to tell Struts it shouldn't do anything further with the
response.

HTH,

L.