hi friends!! im new to struts and im developing a web application using struts and jsp. in one scenario,i want to set the value of a string variable of a formbean to a session attribute through jsp.bcoz form bean is populated only when formdata is submitted,i wrote a hidden field in the jsp. i dont know how to set the value of a hidden field to a session attribute. i wrote this in my jsp Upload Files in a previous Action class, i set a session attribute to the string albId, and now, i want to send it to a form bean. the jsp above returnd a compilation error.my appln server is apache tomcat 5.5.9 the error is like this org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP An error occurred at line: 57 in the jsp file: /PicUploadForm.jsp Generated servlet error: The method setValue(String, Object) in the type TagSupport is not applicable for the arguments (Object) please suggest how to send my session attribute value into the formbean. abhiram --------------------------------- Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers